POEMS, BOOK MANUSCRIPTS, & MORE...
I don't normally post the information from my newsletter on here, but a lot has happened. The past five months we've seen our family business grow—which is good and bad...
The good is we get to see many people walk out of our coffee shop with smiles on their faces—the purpose for our little coffee shop is we like to put smiles on peoples faces by making them coffee...
Thankfully I have a great team who has allowed me to realign my schedule, which has enabled me to dedicate more time to writing. And all the hard work is starting to payoff!
So. How is writing going you ask?
Here is a synopsis of all that I have been working on:
- I have been writing for two publications on Medium (Faith Hacking; The Writing Cooperative).
- I had a poem published in Poetry in Form. You can read it here: Ghazal: "Soul"
- I also have another poem in the process of being published—just working on the editing stuff.
- I'm almost finished with my Poem Manuscript, and then I'll submit it to the publisher (I need eight more poems, which will make it 52 poems in total).
- I have signed a contract to blog for the online publication called Patheos. I will be writing a weekly column for their new “General Christian” channel. More on that later...
- I have written three short stories. The short stories fit in the genre of Christian/Spiritual/Suspense/thrillers—think along the lines of Ted Dekker meets Stephen King. This is a new style of writing for me. I’m just not ready to share them with the public just yet...
Writing for Patheos and their new “General Christian” channel:
Once I have my column up and running (I am working with their channel manager/editor on building the blog/channel), I will share the link will all of you...
Here's the tentative format for my column:
Monday: Monday morning poem
Wednesday: Lessons from the coffee shop, essay or short story
Friday: Could be guest post, Devotional or nothing.
Please pray for me as I begin this journey. The inner critic is wrecking havoc right now.
Keep sharing your story,